Can she solve the crime before they uncover her true
identity?
Mine owner Steven Pierce is going to lose his business if
he can't figure out who's stealing his silver shipments. In his wildest dreams,
he never expected to receive help from a gray-haired widow... or to fall in
love with her beautiful niece.
Then the thieves come after Lavinia and Jessie. Ellie
isn't safe no matter which character she plays! Should she give up and reveal
her true identity? What will Steven do when he realizes the woman he's falling
in love with doesn't really exist?
Set in 1880s Arizona, Love in Disguise blends romance, humor, and mystery for a can't-put-down read.
I received this
book for free as a part of the Bethany
House Book Review club. Unfortunately, I am a little on the slow side as a reader and this was
a 348 page read! Add in an unexpected move at the end of this summer, I just finished
reading this a few weeks ago :-)
I figured it
would be easiest to give you 5 things I thought about this book and let you
decide if it sounds like something you would pick up and read yourself:
1.
I thought that
this Historical Fiction book got off to a bit of a slow start and didn’t really
get exciting until around halfway through when Ellie’s first clues start
rolling in.
2. I thought that as a book touted as a Christian Historical
Fiction piece, it could have dropped the Christian label as the story was not built
around God and the Church. Although there were references and woven in, as
Ellie is trying to find her true identity in the Wild West be it through her
career or God, it was not the main theme in my opinion and it seemed a bit
cheesy at times.
3. I liked the romance that developed between Steven and
Ellie, and would have liked to have seen more story involving it. If you are
looking for a Historical Romance book, this is not it. I think a sequel to this book would be fun to read to see
how Ellie’s life unfolds after this big win for her, and a new romance
developing.
4. The story got a bit confusing at times with a lot of
names being given. If you do read this, take notes so you can refer to it
throughout ;-)
5. It took me a long time to get through in part because I
am a slow reader, but also because it was not a book that I just couldn’t put
down.
Conclusion, “Love in Disguise” is a nice read, but I would
probably only give it a 3/5 star rating.
No comments:
Post a Comment